Soccer: The Love of My Life



I'm loopy soccer. It began at six, and now, at 59, it's worse than ever. I spend the afternoons on a Saturday in a pub that I cannot usually enter and fever with my staff, the BVB.





More often than not I watch
1 Thirty
on the Fruchtallee in Hamburg. Right here guests put on black and yellow and drink the beer of the Dortmund stadium. There are 4 screens and a giant display screen. On the way in which to the bathroom, BVB t-shirts with autographs grasp on the wall. The ceiling is embellished with scarves.







I choose to take a seat within the first row of chairs within the non-smoking room - as a result of it's much less smoke. Others make sure that to fulfill with their associates
1 Thirty, I'm going alone. My solely acquaintance is Andreas, an electrician, a karate coach, for my age. He meets him nearly each week. I have no idea his surname. He's speaking to a retailer with me. The opposite males ignore my feedback. That's what I usually speak to myself. And I'm glad I undoubtedly don't meet any of my associates right here. As I play whereas watching soccer. My god Jasper, 21, from Bochum, needed to go to the pub when he visited me in Hamburg. He discovered me embarrassed, he confessed later. One might categorical his sympathy and fewer voice.

I import vital video games within the calendar. I'm wanting ahead to this for weeks. However when it begins, I'd wish to be again once more. I really feel palpitations, the worst of all. And the worst comes. The opposite day within the Munich recreation: BVB participant Zagatou places the ball in entrance of his personal field, Lewandowski is hiding subsequent to him. And naturally it makes it clear. Unbelievable!

Andreas compares to me with a dominant fan and appears completely at BVB video games. Dancing the discofox, the document label, Lindy Hop and the like. Typically it seems on a silk shirt when it comes straight from the ground.

Then again, I watch BVB and all the things else: Bundesliga, Second League, Cup, European Girls's Championship, Girls's World Cup, Premier League, Primera División, Champions League, Europa League, worldwide ... I'm watching some issues on TV. As well as, I've registered for BVB TV if I've misplaced a recreation of my staff. There can be video games once more.



I've been enjoying once more for 3 years now. In Union 03, District League Hamburg West, second lowest league. The youngest of my staff is within the early 20s, the primary two 40. Then nothing will come for a very long time. After which I.

I'm enjoying Sturm or attacking the center stage. Typically at six. My aggressive return after 30 years was brief - 15 minutes. In the meantime, I'm typically within the early eleven, even one aim on the finish of 2017, 1-1 towards Eidelstedt. Instant acceptance with extension from left to header. The ball jumped instantly beneath the road, sadly within the center. Fortunately the goalkeeper was too younger.

I nonetheless had soccer footwear for the reason that eighties. Black footwear with silver-red strips, on the tab a three-dimensional emblem. With these I educated within the early months. However each time there have been bubbles. So I went out to purchase a brand new one, one of many outdated ones I acquired with me. One such once more, I informed the vendor. He pulled a number of fashions from the shelf. Then he requested: Can I take an image?


So my footwear are prepared for the museum - and I might be the mom of my compatriots. Additionally the grandmother of some opponents. However soccer is the most important relationship of my life.





It began in 1966, with the ultimate of the World Cup towards England in Wembley. I used to be six and watched the sport on TV. After the defeat, my upset dad and mom needed to blow up first. I solely had one thought in her hand:
We're Vice President World Champion.
I don't keep in mind the photographs, simply this overwhelming feeling. And the prediction for the following World Cup, 4 years later in Mexico.

I've performed by Wembley. Within the college hall. Within the yard. On the park. I simply acquired a ball and a few guys to let me in. I additionally kicked solely within the backyard. Maintain the ball, turning the storage wall, for hours. I simply destroyed my father's pink mattress, which punished the soccer ban on in the future - a most penalty.

My brother Friedel, then firstly of the 20th, needed to work consistently. We performed between carpets within the small gates. I usually put him getting ready to defeat. Not less than I believed so. When he lately admitted that he allowed me to get additional, I used to be disenchanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *